Re: Antivirus for CLI

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 15:15 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > ClamGUI was buggy as hell,
>
> (...)
>
> sm01@stt008:~$ apt-cache search clamgui
> sm01@stt008:~$
>
> No such application here or should I redefine the search?
>
> Anyway, we are talking about CLI scanning utilities for servers, not GUI
> based solutions for the clients.
>
> Next...?

Why did you snip what I've written about the CLI for AVIRA vs Clam, the
support, the database. Should I copy and paste it to continue ;D?

If you experienced it vice versa, than you did. If I ever should be
interested in using antivir software again, I first would try AVIRA
again, assumed it still will provide a "free" version for Linux.

I run both and compared them for my needs. Clam was less good than AVIRA
was. In Germany AVIRA was (is?) often used by Linux users, especially by
Suse users. I suspect AVIRA was the most used software for free on Linux
and Windows and even among the software that wasn't free it was the most
used here in Germany. I'm not a computer enthusiast anymore, I don't
know if it's still the same. I can ask a friend, I suspect he still has
knowledge about this.