Re: any stable open source ldap software for SSO

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:42:50 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> this is for a organization with 2000+ windows 7 & windows xp desktops
> and multiple file sharing softwares
>
> any idea aside openldap?

Wikipedia has a small list of LDAP server software:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LDAP_software#Server_software

And just out of curiosity, why not OpenLDAP? Any known issue you're aware
of? :-?

> have anyone configured openldap for the above situation?
>
> any gotchas when working with windows 2003 and 2008 servers?

Being based on openSUSE, I think SLES provides OpenLDAP by default for
their directory services, I don't know if it can be seen as a guarantee
for you :-)

Google can also be of some help here (search key "large-scale OpenLDAP"):

http://bit.ly/KMtGfJ

Greetings,

--
Camaleón