Re: netinst on old dell hardware

On 20120620_081652, didier gaumet wrote:
> Le Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:33:44 -0600,
> Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> a écrit :
>
> > Thanks, but...
> >
> > I think I have already tried that, and I tried again just now, just to
> > make sure, and again I got the standard "Bad Archive Mirror"
> > message. That message suggests that either the archive is not
> > available, or that there is not a valid Release file in it.
> [...]
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Your CD, being from the "lenny=stable" era, probably attempts to
> access "stable" release but it does not exists on an archive
> repository. Replacing "stable" by "lenny" could do the trick

Thanks, didier
This is what must be happening. And I have no way to edit an iso image
to do the replacement, so I can't use the archive to get a working
debian installation on the box and then dist-upgrade to something
more modern. Oh well ...

But now I know to stop trying, which is progress of a sort.
Again, thanks.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net