Re: Antivirus for CLI

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 08:33:58AM BST, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> i am not worried about client side protection because we have up to
> date antivirus clients installed on every client what i am worried
> about is to protect the server so virus would not effect the server
> side services.
> i am asking this because i believe precautionary measures before any
> disaster would be a good option to choose and i am not very experience
> in Linux world (Debian)

I can wholeheartedly recommend ClamAV.

I used it a while back integrated with Squid as part of DansGuardian.

A real life example from not so long ago: it detected a Flashback [0]
trojan horse while both McAfee and Sophos failed to do so.

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_BackDoor.Flashback

Regards,
--
rjc