Re: 83 key IBM model m XT keyboard with Debian?

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:40:10PM -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:
> Anybody using an 83 key IBM model M keyboard with a modern PC?
> Clickykeyboards.com has info about a key codes adapter here:
> http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/11298/subcatid/0/id/500722
>
> Was wondering if anyone is a fan of the old 83 key keyboards and if there any
> glitches when using one of these adapters, i.e., limits on maximum typing speed.

I had an 83-key Model M, like, 20 years ago, at the latest. I haven't seen
them personally since. However, I really missed the tactile feedback of
that keyboard, so I ended up going with a more modern Das Keyboard:
http://daskeyboard.com. 105-keys, and not quite the same, but still a solid
keyboard with the Cherry Blue keyswitches.

I know it doesn't answer your question, or address your concerns. Just
thought I'd bring it up.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o