Re: 83 key IBM model m XT keyboard with Debian?

On 06/17/2012 10:54 PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* On 2012 17 Jun 21:42 -0500, Nick Lidakis wrote:
Anybody using an 83 key IBM model M keyboard with a modern PC?
Clickykeyboards.com has info about a key codes adapter here:
http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/11298/subcatid/0/id/500722

Was wondering if anyone is a fan of the old 83 key keyboards and if there any
glitches when using one of these adapters, i.e., limits on maximum typing speed.
I have no idea on that.  I did have an 83 key model on my XT clone
wayyyyyy back when.  I've since graduated to the PS/2 Model M 101 key
keyboards and don't want to give them up any time soon.  Perhaps the
only advantage of the 83 key models is that the F keys are to the left
side, if that is something one is used to.  Otherwise, the separate
arrow keys and other keys of the 101 key models means that the Num Lock
key can remain activated.

- Nate>>

The model M that I mentioned in my other post at approximately 83 keys
has the function keys on top. Now I counted exactly 84 keys. The other
was a close guesstimate. It is part number 1397681.

--doug