Re: AppArmor or SELinux?

Hello Ralf,

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Sorry, who exactly plans a conspiracy?

Err, what?

> Regarding to the answer AppArmor
> might be helpful, if not, it just spam shutdown messages with crap, as
> it does for my self-build kernels.

It works quite nicely over here. :)

> Joe and Sam (most wanted spammers on this list) never ever will have
> impact to your Linux ;).

So what? I don’t plan to use AppArmor/SELinux as a spam filter, I
don’t think you read my original email.

> Forget AppArmor! Read about ConsoleKit and
> other "security helpers", we already run much to much threads, when
> running Linux.

a) ConsoleKit allows non-root users to access various files/devices
to which they otherwise wouldn’t have access. To say the least, it
does the exact opposite of MAC system.
b) I don’t know what other security helpers you’re referring to.
Would you mind to expand on that?
c) I shall think about your advice to forget AppArmor and then,
logically and in line with my original question, deploy SELinux.
d) AppArmor doesn’t add a single thread to a running Linux system.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
"... an experienced, industrious, ambitious, and often quite often
picturesque liar."