Re: any ideas?

On 17/06/12 10:30 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
The floppy won't even refoprmat.  Also, putting a never used floppy in
that drive and attempting to format it fails as well.

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012, keith wrote:

On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 09:49 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
I think the floppy in this machine is defective.  The information on bsd
wasn't useful in fact, as root I was prevented from changing permissions
on the /dev/fd0 device.
Looks like the FAT is corrupt. If the data is important to you, try
gddrescue, then attempt to loop mount the image. If that fails, I think
you will have lost your data,&  will just have to try re formatting the
disk.

It sounds like the drive is defective.

In future, please use more descriptive subject lines. "Any ideas" tells us nothing about the fact that you are having a floppy disk problem.