Re: Flash plugin not working in Epiphany

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 09:50:10 +0300, Razvan Deaconescu wrote:
>
>> I'm using Debian Wheezy, updated, on AMD64, with Gnome 3.4,
>> flashplugin-nonfree 2.8.3. Flash plugin is working in Iceweasel and
>> Midori but not under Epiphany.
>>
>> I've followed the steps here[1] but with no success.
>>
>> Could you please point me to a solution to this issue?
>
> First, ensure the "about:plugins" lists the Adobe Flash plugin.

It is listed. It prints the same value as Iceweasel.

> Then run this command an send here the output:
>
> update-alternatives --display flash-mozilla.so

$ update-alternatives --display flash-mozilla.so
flash-mozilla.so - auto mode
  link currently points to /usr/lib/flashplayer-mozilla/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/flashplayer-mozilla/libflashplayer.so - priority 10
Current 'best' version is
'/usr/lib/flashplayer-mozilla/libflashplayer.so'

>> [1] http://ask.debian.net/questions/epiphany-and-flashplayer
>
> Wait... the above links seems to point that the newer Epiphany is based
> in GTK3 and thus cannot work with Adobe Flash Player which is GTK2 based
> so it needs "nspluginwrapper". I wonder if this really the problem
> here :-?

Hmmm ... I've found this post[1]. It signals the same issue I'm
having. I guess I would have to install the 32 bit version of
libflashplayer.so; it looks weird to have a functional 64 bit version
for Iceweasel/Midori but a nspluginwrapper-endorsed 32 bit version for Epiphany.

[1] http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77934

Razvan