Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:40:56 -0500
Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> Well lets look at this more closely.  The disks may not be bad.  How
> old are they?  Send me your dmesg output:

Sorry I forgot to write the last time: The WD20EARS I have bough
between 14. Dec 2010 and 01. Oct 2011.

Maybe it was also caused by inappripriate cooling.
I'm copying the things from the old raid md9 to the new linear array
while have the old disks in the old case and still directly attached to
the mobo.
The new raid disks are already in the Nroco case. They're attached over
the expander to the LSI which is in the Asus mobo mounted in the old
case.
The expander and all of the disks are powered from the same PSU which
powers the mobo etc.

I had to do this because the sata cables are too short to mount the
mobo in the Norco. Unfortunately I can't connect the fans from the
Norco because these wires are too short as well. But I thought just to
copy things over and having only these four disks in the Norco it would
be ok :-?

Do you think this could cause the problem?

Cheers
Ramon