Re: aptitude full-upgrade installs unnecessary packages

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2012-06-15 18:15 +0200, Christoph Groth wrote:
>
>> "aptitude -D" is supposed to show for each package to be newly installed
>> the reason why it is needed.  In my case, aptitude wants to install
>> texlive-fonts-extra though this package is currently not installed and
>> also (to my knowledge) not required or recommended in any way.
>
> Interesting.
>
>> "apt-get full-upgrade" wants to do the same, BTW.
>
> Please show the output of "dpkg -l texlive-fonts-extra".
>
> Cheers,
>       Sven

Some time back the policy changed to install by default the
"recommended" ones.  So I had to include in my setting:

APT::Install-Recommends "false";

I'm not sure if that would help you.  Also I would turn off
"suggested" packages if you have them turned on (they are not by
default), like:

APT::Install-Suggests "false";

Perhaps you could try those and see what happens, :-)  It might this
is not related to your problem, but if you know what you're doing,
it'd be worth giving it a try...

--
Javier.