Re: aptitude full-upgrade installs unnecessary packages

Wayne Topa <linuxtwo@gmail.com> writes:

> On 06/15/2012 10:24 AM, Christoph Groth wrote:

>> For a reason that I do not understand, currently full-upgrade wants to
>> install some rather huge packages.

> Install the debian-reference package and read section 2.3.5. System wide
> upgrade

Thanks.  I read section 2.3.5, but I don't see how this helps with my
problem.

"aptitude -D" is supposed to show for each package to be newly installed
the reason why it is needed.  In my case, aptitude wants to install
texlive-fonts-extra though this package is currently not installed and
also (to my knowledge) not required or recommended in any way.

"apt-get full-upgrade" wants to do the same, BTW.

Christoph