Re: what causes "slogin -X" to not generate a "$DISPLAY" variable on the server?

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 19:12:42 -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2012, at 1:43 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> ... mmm, you can
>> compare the ... openssh versions
>
> That got me thinking...
>
> Looking at a third server (the same i386 Debian Squeeze machine I was
> using as a "client" in the previous reply) I *can* "slogin -X" and get
> an X session.
>
> On both the successful server and the failing server, the version of
> "openssh-server" is "1:5.5p1-6+squeeze2".

(...)

And the client side?

Also, while searching for more information on this issue at Google I've
found many posts¹, articles and blogs² pointing to a
problem with X forwarding and ipv6 though I'm not sure this is going to
be the case for this but it can be something to consider :-?

¹http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1649657
²http://hang4r.blogspot.com.es/2011/08/enabling-remote-x11-forwarding-over-ssh.html

Greetings,

--