Re: libnspr4-0d missing for Iceweasel in squeeze-backports

On 06/12/2012 12:18 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Iceweasel 12.0-7~bpo60+1 is installed here.
> Available after reloading squeeze-backports for Synaptic is Iceweasel
> 13.0-1~bpo60+1.
> Unfortunately xulrunner-13.0 can't be installed, since it depends to
> libnspr4-0d (>=4.8.9) but 4.8.6-1 is to be installed, IOW synaptic
> doesn't show libnspr4-0d (>=4.8.9), but it's available.
> I wonder if I need to download it from
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/amd64/libnspr4-0d/download
> and then install it using dpkg?
>
> Does anybody experienced the same issue?
>
> Ralf

I also had this here and solved it by playing around with aptitude. This
was in my .bash_history. I do not know whether it will help:

aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade
aptitude install iceweasel
aptitude install libnspr4
aptitude install libnspr4-0d
aptitude purge libnspr4-0d
aptitude purge icedtea6-plugin
aptitude install iceweasel
aptitude purge xulrunner-10.0
aptitude purge xulrunner-12.0
aptitude purge xulrunner-1.9.1
aptitude install iceweasel
aptitude purge libnspr4
aptitude purge libnspr4-0d
aptitude install iceweasel

I remember many of these commands failing and that I had to temporarily
remove iceweasel completely.