Re: Clarify your needs

--- On Mon, 6/11/12, Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net> wrote:

> From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>
> Subject: Re: Clarify your needs
> To: "Richard Owlett" <rowlett@cloud85.net>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Monday, June 11, 2012, 7:59 PM
> none of the above.
> I require the steps to switch install  sources.  i
> will post what I was
> told would work if that might help.
> If I were going to require anything it would be a human
> grounded in debian
> to come to my house, lol.
> I have no high speed, as I just  stated in a different
> post.

DO NOT USE THE NET INSTALL ON DIALUP!  I was on dialup until recently so installed Squeeze last year from the 8 DVD set which I purchased from a Linux distributor.  Even then, after installation, there were updates that took days to download on dialup. You should have no trouble installing a basic desktop from the first DVD.