Re: fonts used by evince

On Mon 11 Jun 2012 at 00:09:44 +0200, Paul Seyfert wrote:

> > It looks like your system plus evince has made a substitution for a
> > glyph. Have you tried viewing the pdf with xpdf and/or mupdf? Both of
> > these (and evince) display the mu correctly on my systems.
> >
> yeah, mupdf displays it correctly for me. (xpdf doesn't)

My xpdf is getting its fonts from the Type1 fonts in the gsfonts
directory. The files beginning with 's' contain maths symbols.  Evince
appears to be looking in the same place. What mupdf doing, I do not
know. You have gsfonts and gsfonts-x11 installed so what your xpdf is
getting up to is intriguing.