unstable web browsers

I think my Xorg configuration requires some adjustment. Whenever I
go into a web browser, the picture jumps about when I use the mouse
before settling down again.

I'm using Debian 6.05 with a basic graphic card - a ATI Radeon HD 5480.

I've read up on the Xorg set up, but there's no config file that I can see,
and so I don't know what set up the original installation set for the graphics.
Frankly, I'm somewhat confused by the changes to the Xorg set up.

This is an unfortunate annoyance - I keep meaning to get it sort out, but
it doesn't stop me from doing things.

Any suggestions, but remember I'm getting towards the gaga stage, so
in simple English please.

Regards.

John.