Re: Face in Icedove

Hi Mika,

Dňa Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:51:41 +0300 Mika Suomalainen
<mika.henrik.mainio@hotmail.com> napísal:

> On 10.06.2012 11:37, Slavko wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Dňa Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:26:37 +0300 Mika Suomalainen
> > <mika.henrik.mainio@hotmail.com> napísal:
> >
> >> Are you looking at correct spot? The "face" is that multi lined
> >> content.
> >
> > no, i was looking to image :-)
> >
> > I am sorry, i misunderstand, i think that here is problem about
> > displayed image.
>
> No problem :). The problem cannot be it as the "face" still appeared
> after I unloaded Display Mail User Agent.

i am using Thunderbird (on Windows) in the work, but i never see any
problem with this - i am often sending message to my work's address.

My work is not my mail's headquarter, then i know near nothing about
thunderbird settings and i am using only enigmail extension. I was
reply only because i see my email in image :-) If is problem related to
some extension, try search extension's related information on internet.

> Camaleon (sorry for misspelling, my keyboard doesn't have correct
> buttons) thinks that I might have corrupted profile file or there is
> email corruption.

If you want, i can send some message direct to you, to bypass possible ML
modifications. But i have no problem with faces in mails from this ML (in
my mail client).

In some programs, the problem often is that unloading/uninstalling the
plugin does not clean his settings. You can try move (rename) your
icedove's profile. And then copy file by file from old to new profile and
try to identify where the problem is. Of course, copy/move when icedove is
closed.

There can be problem with cache too. I don't know if there is way to clear
cache in icedove, nor if icedove is caching at all. You can try take look
to ~/.cache directory. Something can be in ~/.local/share or ~/.config
directories. I really don't know, where the icedove stores things. The
strace can help to find them.

regards

--
Slavko