Re: Network Security Services Update question

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 22:02:09 +0200, ricccardo wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 09:51 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 22:13:41 +0200, ricccardo wrote:
>>
>> > I notice that the update manager propose to me to upgrade both
>> > libnss3 and libnss3-1d. Under libnss3 I read:'Conflict with
>> > libnss3-1d'. So what should I do?? Which of them should I install??
>>
>> Which Debian flavor? You can expect some glitches/conflicts in testing/
>> sid when it comes to updates.
>>
>> Then, how did you run the update (using synaptic)? You can try to use
>> the command line "apt-get update && apt-get -V dist-upgrade" and
>> compare both outputs.
>>
>> Whether in doubt, stop. Say "no" and ask.
>>
> Hi, I use the stable version (6.0.5 squeeze) and I use the update
> manager. I have done the updates and all seems to work well. If I will
> encounter some further problem I will let you know.

Fine then.

Yes, I remember there has been a recent security update for nss but I
only see one package named "libnss3-1d" but none for "libnss3", mmm...

> Is there some operation should I do to check if all is really working
> fine??

Ah! It seems that backports provides a "libnss3" package so the conflict
could had come by this. Are you using the backports repository?

dpkg -l | grep libnss

Greetings,

--
Camaleón