Re: what causes "slogin -X" to not generate a "$DISPLAY" variable on the server?

On Jun 8, 2012, at 11:48 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:

Here's the output. I see it requesting X11 forwarding (near the end) but I don't see anything specifically saying it was granted. Nor do I see it being specifically refused. Fascinating...

FWIW, I tried the same 'slogin -vvv -X' to a server for which it works properly (I get a valid "$DISPLAY" on that server) and the relevant portions of the output were identical between the two servers.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Rick