Re: System crashes for no apparent reason

Thanks Andre and Nathan,

In fact, Andre's suggestion of adding text to the boot options
just works (so i made another menu entry in my grub,
with just the word 'text' added to the options).

And . . . like magic . . . it comes up as text.

(So i didn't have to mess with anything in /etc/rc.d)

The only thing unsatisfactory is that my caps-lock is gone
(normally i like to map caps-lock to control, but it just doesn't
seem to function at all in this text mode).  However, hopefully
if i can isolate my problem then i won't have to deal with
it too much.

Thanks again!!

dan