Re: System crashes for no apparent reason

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Karl E. Jorgensen
<karl.jorgensen@nice.com> wrote:

> An experiment which may exclude the video drivers from the equation:
> Try NOT starting X ?  If it still crashes without X ever being
> started, then it points towards the problem being elsewhere...

Hi Karl,

A real dumb question for you:

I also have a sort of crashey/freezey system (although presumably not
exactly the same as Marc's).

But how would i start it without X?

It is very gui intensive --- by the time i get a chance to login, there's
already some kind of gui there.

I don't suppose there's some kind of boot option i can set because
X runs on top of the kernel, but i suppose that somewhere, somehow
i can tell the system that the next time it comes up to not bring up X?

TIA for any info.

dan