VLC video on the ThinkPad A22m; was Re: error mosssages referring to alsa.

Now that sound is working in the A22m, I'm interested
in video in VLC.

An /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf was needed as
discussed in this thread.
The upstream problem with r128 is still on my list.

When VLC opens an mp4, these messages are produced and the
"full screen" is significantly bigger than the display.

swscale error: could not init SwScaler and/or allocate memory
avcodec error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)
avcodec error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)

Anyone recognize the problem?  Is there a scale adjustment in VLC which
might fix this?

Thanks,                       ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 639 0202.  Bcc: peter at easthope.ca
"http://carnot.yi.org/ "
"http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/index.html#Itinerary "