Re: Strongswan GMP plugin: Why enabled? How to disable it?

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 04:13:46 -0400, gregslists wrote:

> reguarding the Strongswan GMP-Issue (DSA-2483-1) I have two questions:

Let's see:

http://www.debian.org/security/2012/dsa-2483

> 1. Debian says the GMP-Plugin is not used. But why is it enabled by
> default?

Why not? If I read it correctly, the patch has been applied and it
shouldn't be vulnerable by now.

> 2. Is there any way to disable it in shorewall.conf or somewhere else
> without recompiling Strongswan? The only way we found to "disabled" the
> plugin was to remove the files /use/lib/libgmp.so.*.

Here there's some info about how to disable plugins:

http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/1/wiki/PluginLoad

But dunno if "gmp" can be disabled this way as it could be required by
another component :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón