Re: Solved sort of - Re: Waiting for xserver to begin looking for connections........

 On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 01:46:06 +1200 "Chris Bannister
 cbannister@slingshot.co.nz" suggested this:

>I'd just like to point out that "the system¹" doesn't touch the
>"." [dot] files/directories in your home directory on an upgrade. Each
>individual program might and a few of them definitely do, but you tend
>to get a warning. For example, I use feh, and after an upgrade, I kept
>getting messages about how the use of the .fehrc file had changed.

Thanks Chris.

I must have changed something then? But what?

I do know this. I read somewhere that the connectors on an external
hard drive enclosure lead has two connectors on one end, so that they
can be plugged into two ports to get more power to the hard drive
enclosure.

That was about the only thing I did that was "out of the ordinary". So
if that changed something? I have no idea. But it was merely something
tried. There was no difference in the performance of the 2.5 hard drive
enclosure, which always worked fine at any rate.

Anyway the system is now running fine.

Thanks again for your time
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it. -- Gandhi