Re: alsa

On 04.06.2012 19:27, john gennard wrote:
> /I have Debian 6.05 installed, but on bootup alsa fails. Realtek ALC887
> 8 channel
> High Definition Audio Codec is incorporated on the Motherboard and works
> since I can play CDs using Sound Juicer.
>
> I've 'stumbled around' looking for an answer, but am unable to find one.
> I'm over
> 81, have been ill for some time and don't know much about Alsa either.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions. please.
>
> John.
> /

Could you tell how ALSA fails? Do you see some kind of error message?

PS. Please don't use HTML, see
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct .

--
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||
[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys

[Please reply below this
line](http://mkaysi.github.com/articles/complaining/topposting.html)