Re: what did hwinfo do to my machine? - SOLVED

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Dan B. wrote:

Thanks to some suggestions that somehow caused me to check basic floppy
access, I discovered that the problem was ... (get ready for a big
letdown) ... a loose floppy cable.

It really is amazing how many things end up being hardware problems ;-)

And I thought it was in some _high-tech_ hardware like flash (or other
non-volatile) memory in my 8-trillion-bit, 3 billion-bit-per-second,
giant magneto-resistance-based hard disk ...

Daniel