epson printer prints WHITE PAGE !!!

Dear list,

I have a epson C20SX parallel printer. I have bought a parallel to usb cable so that
I can use it with my laptop. After connecting the cable I have seen the new H/W has been
detected.

From lsusb

`````````````````````
Bus 001 Device 069: ID 067b:2305 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2305 Parallel Port

And the node has created as /dev/usb/lp1

crw-rw---T 1 root lp 180, 1 Jun  2 22:45 /dev/usb/lp1

Now I have checked by both cups and system-config-printer; which detected an
unknown printer. But not the printer model. Hence I have selected the printer model
and from its database the driver i.e. "epson stylus C20Sx" . Unfortunately
both the application prints blank test pages. Is there anyone having the same issue.
Can you suggest any fix please ?

Thanks