Re: redundant memcached's for php sessions

2012/5/31 Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run memcached in a redundant fashion. I installed the
> php5-memcache module and installed memcached on two different hosts.
> It all works pretty well as long as both memcached's stay up and
> running. If I shut down one, I'm getting segfaults on the server on
> pages that start sessions.
>
> [Thu May 31 01:31:43 2012] [notice] child pid 11941 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> I'm using this configuration as php memcache configuration:
>
> memcache.hash_strategy=consistent
> memcache.allow_failover=1
> memcache.redundancy=1
> memcache.session_redundancy=2
>
> ... which logically should write all session data to two nodes and
> fail over between memcache nodes (ie, read from the second node if the
> first goes down). I can't pinpoint why I'm getting crashes instead of
> failover.

Well. I removed the package and compiled version 2.2.6 from source,
which doesn't crash but Apache saves the session on only one server.
Pretty weird. So, I guess I'll have to work around it with repcached
or something?

--
Frank Van Damme
No part of this copyright message may be reproduced, read or seen,