New AlienFX Debian Package

I recently adopted GNU programming concepts and decided to contribute to
the community.  I have completed my first GNU C++ program for which I
include the details.

I have developed a working CLI program which allows the user to change
the AlienFX light settings on Alienware hardware by accessing the
embedded 'lightchip' using an internal USB port.  I have built the code
with forward thinking in mind and will continue to develop a GUI program
which I expect will probably call the CLI program for the main function.

I have uploaded all the source code and packages to:
https://github.com/tibz/alienfx  (GPL2 license)
Shortcuts to the .deb packages:
i386 ... http://is.gd/Aj182N
amd64 .. http://is.gd/1NsXno

I have tested the Debian packages I have uploaded there for amd64 and
i386 on my own platforms (we have a pair of Alienware M11X R3 laptops
running "testing" branch) and now I am reaching out to other Alienware
owners who use Debian GNU/Linux for wider testing and to increase the
number of chipsets supported by the program (currently four types).

I do not claim all credit for this work; some of the primary code came
from an existing Java-based program available at:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware/458528-alienfx-lite-linux-windows-alienfx-tool.html
However, finding the java program did not support our (newer) chipsets I
decided to modify the code to make it work, but it was buggy, and I
fixed a bug, then another, and then I started over with a whole new
project anyway.  Thanks go to progger.co.uk for the initial reverse
engineered code.  More thanks go to other snippets of C++ code I found
around the internet from a Winamp plugin, a kernel module and an MMORPG
SDK pack.  Further understanding came from decompiling the AlienFX SDK
libraries although no code was copied verbatim.

There is a complete manpage too and I would like any input from anyone
who can suggest improvement.

Lastly, I greatly appreciate your taking of time to read this.

best,
Tibz

--
elbbit@gmail.com