Re: Improve leafnode

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 28 May 2012 16:38:12 +0200, daniele.g wrote:
>
>> Leafnode on Debian uses a script do-fetch-news, which cron run
>> periodically, that checks the variable $NETWORK in
>> /etc/news/leafnode/debian-config. This variable can have two possible
>> values: "PPP" and "permanent".
>>
>> I think that a third value is missing, we can call it "online". Useful
>> when leafnode runs on mobile devices for example.
>
> (...)
>
> "Ppp" should cope that scenario (non-permanent connections) or what's
> what you are missing? :-?

PPP only triggers when a ppp* interface goes up. I'd like to make it
more general. A solution I'm working on is a script which use sed to
toggle $NETWORK between PPP and permanent when the laptop is online, I
only would like to know how to run this script from inside interfaces
--
        Non ci fossero le donne, gli uomini vivrebbero come dei.
        		-- Thomas Dekker