Re: wheezy armel hostapd

On Mon, 28 May 2012 11:11:58 +1000, David Burgess wrote:

(kindly reply at the bottom)

>>> I cannot find hostapd in armel wheezy. Is this a planned event?
>>
>> It was removed from unstable (and wheezy) because of this:

>> But maybe there's still something at the snapshot archive:
>>
>> http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/hostapd/
>>
> But it is there for armhf and i386, I do not understand.

The bug explains it... well, somehow (devels parlance can be hard to
understand :-P). There seems to be a packaging change that results in the
impossibility of compiling a package needed for the new hostapd (wpa).

> wpa packages are not there for either hostapd or wpa in armel. If I
> could find the .config used for the build for armel, I would be able to
> build from source, but it is unclear (to me) which config is used to
> build hostapd.

It should be a matter of time it gets built again but if you can't wait
you can look at one of the ".config" files that were used for the latest
armel builds which has to be available at the "source" snapshot
repository.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón