Re: how to update Debian OS properly

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 May 2012 12:43:45 you wrote:
>> > I prefer to use aptitude full-upgrade routinely - but I have the code
>> > name in my sources.list, not stable or testing.  I then change the code
>> > name when I want to get the more recent version.  So, Squeeze not stable,
>> > Muhammad.  you could get in quite a mess at the changeover point from
>> > Squeeze to Wheezy if you have stable in your sources.list, as several
>> > people have pointed out.
>>
>> if i use Squeeze (the code name) instead stable, sid or anything.
>> should i not to worry about system crash? is it what people here mean
>> to say (who support code name "squeeze" ) that if i "apt-get
>> upgrade/full-upgrade/safe-upgrade" will not crash my system if using
>> squeeze. because what i am worried about  here is system crash.
>
> I'm afraid that I don't understand you. Why should you have a system crash?

>I'm afraid that I don't understand you. Why should you >have a system crash?

i know my question regarding comparing Windows and Linux a bit
annoying, but i had bad experiences with upgrading windows from one
version to another one. and in linux i just run the command "ap-get
upgrade" and after few minutes i was working in wheezy regardless of
sid or testing (so the simplicity of the process left me very
confuse). i know how patches and service packs in
windows can turn people's life to nightmare. actually i am the only
resource in system and network in my company and i am the only one who
is motivating management to shift to linux. so i am a bit scared.
because this is new world to me.

however i learn too much from this thread and from this mailing list.
i am thankful to everyone for sharing your views/thoughts/suggestions
. i know  remaining confusions will be clears after getting use to
with linux.

Thanks