Re: backing up

On Sun, 2012-05-27 at 14:50 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>     Just for fun I created a new user (my wife)..and ran a session under
> "her" account...she could not write to my directory so nothing happened.

I suspect that the user "root" never would run Thunderbird, but assumed
the user root would run and stop a GDM session?! I guess that this would
be an issue, even the groups of a user might become an issue, if you run
other scripts doing something similar.
Did you google if GDM provides something for individual users, instead
of the post script you're running now?