Re: backing up

On 26/05/12 06:14 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
On 26/05/12 05:41 PM, Aubrey Raech wrote:

On Sat, 26 May 2012 16:57:23 -0400
Frank McCormick<debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

Is there an easy way to back up a couple of profile directories when
you exit a window manager.
I'd like to back up .thunderbird at least when I quit Icewm to GDM...

Thanks

Since you are using GDM (gdm3?), you may want to take a look
at /etc/gdm3/* and the gdm3 man page. There is a script run at
initialization, after login, before starting the session, and after the
session closes (to return to the display manager's menu). I would take
a look in /etc/gdm3/PostSession/ and add to the script there anything
you want done after logging out.

- --
Aubrey

Well that looked like a way to do it...but when I tried cp -R
~/.thunderbird ~/.thunderbird.backup.....nothing happened. What am I
missing ??

  Nevermind :) Found the backups in /var/lib/gdm3
  Didn't realize that's where GDM would put them.