Re: Wheezy printing problem: 2 identical (?) machines and 1 does not print PDFs

2012/5/25 Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@askesis.nl>:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 identical Wheezy machines: they both have the same packages and
> the same versions for those packages Wheezy, up to date as of this
> morning). The configuration files in /etc/cups and /etc/foomatic are
> exactly identical. Both machines should print to a network printer
> (HP2200 DTN). I use Cups and Foomatic, and the recommended "HP LaserJet
> 2200 Foomatic/lj5gray" driver (the postscript driver has the same
> behaviour).
>
> Both machines print the Linux test page without problems. But one
> machine cannot print PDFs while the other one prints them without
> problem, be it a little slow (i.e. compared to the Windows machines that
> use the same printer). The problematic machine prints a PDF file as an
> almost empty pages with the following text:
> "PCL CL error
>    Subsystem: IMAGE
>    Error:     ExtraData
>    Operator:  ReadImage
>    Position:  7"
> I have re-installed/purged/rebooted etc. and nothing helped so far.
>
> Does anyone recognises this problem? Which *machine-dependent* files
> exist and in which directory are there, after an
> installation/configuration? Anyone any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Groeten,
>
> Joost Kraaijeveld
> Askesis B.V.
> Molukkenstraat 14
> 6524NB Nijmegen
> tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
> fax: 024-3608416
> web: www.askesis.nl
>

> --

Hi,

I had a similar problem long time ago I don't remember if the error
message was the same....

But.... I solved it stopping and unplugging the printer for a while
(30 sec should be enough)

Its sound silly but it worked. :)

Best regards
Juan Sierra Pons                                 juan@elsotanillo.net
Linux User Registered: #257202       http://www.elsotanillo.net
GPG key = 0xA110F4FE
Key Fingerprint = DF53 7415 0936 244E 9B00  6E66 E934 3406 A110 F4FE