Re: SOLVED: Re: Wheezy: "aptitude update" fails

--- On Wed, 5/23/12, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, fine then, it had to be some sort of problem at the
> mirrors or
> repositories infrastructure...
>
> > If you're curious, you may want to remove bzip2 and see
> what you get.

Actually, you were right that it was a problem with the mirrors and repositories, and bzip2 isn't necessary for aptitude to work correctly.

I ran some tests and aptitude is working fine with or without bzip2, I guess my installing of bzip2 coincided with fixing of the problem on the infrastructure side.