Re: Has anyone successfully installed Cinnamon in Debian?

On Mon, 21 May 2012 17:42:28 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

(...)

>>> And you are not interested in getting gnome-shell to work?
>

> The problem is not with the video drivers, it's with GNOME itself.

Yup, I already supposed it... and how about the "gnome-classical"
desktop? While it's still available, it can an option and customizing the
environment to your liking (though is very time-consuming) is also
possible.

> Currently, on my machine, GNOME 3 is in an inconsistent state, and I am
> waiting for ver. 3.4 to stabilize (migrate down to Wheezy) before I
> attempt to fix it.

3.4.x packages are slowing entering into wheezy, I hope this is the GNOME
version to be used before wheezy gets freezed.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón