Re: Has anyone successfully installed Cinnamon in Debian?

On 5/21/2012 3:21 AM, Jon Dowland wrote:
On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 06:34:45PM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
What with one thing and another, my GNOME 3 will only run in
fallback mode (GNOME Classic), and I have been looking at
alternatives.  There are things to like about Xfce, LXDE, MATE, and
others, but I have not heard of anyone trying Cinnamon.

As far as I understand, Cinnamon requires the same hardware acceleration
as gnome-shell, so you will probably have as much trouble running it.