Re: Problem updating debian 6

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 04:30:37PM +0200, David Seira wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> 2012/5/22 Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz>
>
> The result in english (sorry) is:
[...]
> Get:10 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en [912 B]
> 59% [10 Translation-en bzip2 0 B] [Connecting to security.debian.org
> (128.31.0.36)]bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-en
> Get:11 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-es
> [912 B]
> 54% [11 Translation-es bzip2 0 B] [Connecting to security.debian.org
> (128.31.0.36)]bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
> Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main Translation-es
> Get:12 http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release [912 B]
> Err http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release
>
> Fetched 10.9 kB in 1s (7872 B/s)
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
> is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
> http://ftp.es.debian.org squeeze Release: The following signatures
> were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2
[...]
> W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/Release
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze-updates/Release
> W: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/squeeze/updates/Release
> W: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.
>
> Yes, it was a copy 'n' paste problem.

OK.

> This is the only server that I manage that has this problem. This
> server has full connectivity with the repositories servers. Maybe a
> problem with any signature?

Those are just warnings, it is the "Err" which is causing update to
fail.

So you have other servers which work ok? With exactly same sources.list?

Under  "/var/lib/apt/lists/" is where the index files are kept.
What I'd do is delete those:
i.e. "rm /var/lib/apt/lists/*" then do apt-get update again.

Then worry about the GPG warnings after.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X