Re: OT: Google chrome stable question

On Mon, 21 May 2012 21:33:06 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:10:05PM +0200, Siard wrote:
> > Differences are described in this 'Chrome vs Iron' page:
> > www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php
> >
> > I'm not aware of any differences between official Chrome and Chrome
> > in Debian.
>
> They differ a great deal: chromium does not have embedded flash nor
> PDF viewing for one.
>
> I notice the Iron comparison page does not mention those, but I'd be
> surprised if they bundle them.

If I uninstall flashplugin-nonfree, then flash in Iron is missing, just
like in other browsers. So Iron does not appear to have embedded flash.

If I click a PDF link in Iron, the PDF can only be saved, not opened.
I see no option in the settings to change that. So there's no built-in
PDF viewer either.