Re: save bandwidth + disk space: deb-src entry unnecessary (was ... Re: aptitude changelog gives ...)

On 20.05.2012 18:44, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2012 03:00:34 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

>>> Try yourself and then comment on the results.
>>
>> I don't use aptitude, only apt-get.
>
> Fine, but if you read the original $subject you can notice we were
> talking about "aptitude" and more specifically, about the parameter
> "changelog".
>
>> My post was just to note for the archives.
>
> (...)
>
> Then you should have noted as such.
>
> Anyway, should you have a clue to get "aptitude changelog" not displaying
> the mentioned error with no "deb-src" defined in the "sources.list",
> kindly tell.
>
> Greetings,

Doesn't apt-get have changelog command too? I use aptitude, so I am not
fully sure.

As mentioned before*, I always have deb-src entries and they are
necressary to me, because apt-get and aptitude lbuild-dep need it.

*Someone else mentioned that they are required when compiling software.

--
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||
[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys