Re: need help on using ffmpeg for video grab

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 05:45:31PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2012 05:28:33 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> >> I don't think so. It could be somehow [OT] but this list is okay for
> >> that kind of questions.
> >
> > No it is not!
>
> ?
>
> Then kindly explain why you think so.

Code of conduct

When using the Debian mailing lists, please follow these rules:
     * The mailing lists exist to foster the development and use of Debian
     * Make sure that you are using the proper list.

> FFmpeg is a program like any other available and packaged for Debian
> (29,000 and increasing), if a user has problems for using it, what do you

Exactly! 29,000 OT questions? Please be sensible!

Why do think there is:
http://www.mutt.org/mail-lists.html

etc ... etc ... etc ...
> suggest then? Send every user to every single list of every single

Well use your common sense. If it looks like the problem is Debian
related, i.e. the way the program interacts with Debian -- then sure, It
is fine and very relevant to this list.

If it looks like a problem with the usage of the actual program, then
the user is better posting his/her question on the actual support list.
Why?
	* That is where the developers and users "hang out".
	* Therefore you are more likely to find someone who can help.
	* The question, itself, can help quide the development:
	   1) Is the documentation adequate?
	   2) Is there a bug in the program?
	* Allows the "site:" search term to be more informative.
	* Probably other reasons which don't immediately come to me.

> package? With all the due respects, that's nonsense.

Au contraire, it is perfectly sensible.

> Sorry, but to be sincere, I don't see the problem.

That is indeed unfortunate. :( Hopefully, you can now?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X