Re: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i hangs system at boot

On 5/19/2012 11:05 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>>> It shows that udev is having serious trouble handling one of the USB
>>> devices.
>>
>> Yes but only when the lsi card is attached. When it's removed the
>
> Get a better PSU, and if that doesn't work, either junk the motherboard, or
> give up on adding any cards that require a bit more power.

This is absolutely horrible advice.  Any moderate horsepower PCIe x16
GPU card from nVidia or AMD is going to draw 4-10 times the current of
these SAS boards.  Too much PCIe power draw isn't the issue here, unless
the mobo is possibly defective.  I doubt this is the case.  It's most
likely a firmware bug in the HBA or the system BIOS, or a driver bug in
2.6.32, or a combination of these.  We should know after Ramon runs
through the task list I provided earlier.

--
Stan