Re: problem with power button

On Sat, 19 May 2012 06:13:14 -0400, Long Wind wrote:

> I install squeeze, the power button on front panel of PC works I can
> shutdown squeeze by pressing button but later it doesn't work, I'm not
> sure of the cause maybe it's caused by removing/reinstalling kernel that
> is, I remove the default kernel to install kernel 2.4 kernel 2.4 doesn't
> look OK, so I install kernel 2.6.32-5-686 every thing else works fine,
> except power button I have to enter "shutdown -h now"

- So you installed squeeze → it worked

- Then you installed an old kernel (you self-compiled it?) → nothing
worked (that's normal...)

- Then you reinstalled squeeze's stock kernel but the power button is
still not working

> Can you help me?
> or I have to reinstall squeeze

Check whether the associated event has been registered correctly:

dmesg | grep -i power

Greetings,

--
Camaleón