Re: how to practice.

On Fri, 18 May 2012 19:23:04 +0100, keith wrote in message
<[🔎] 20120518192304.52e1b58f00613dcfa96ccfa6@gmail.com>:

> What I have done since my first days of learning 'DOS', is to keep a
> small notebook at hand & jot down everything I think I might want to
> use into it. Not the basic stuff, but things like how to configure
> various services, etc.

..an alternative notebook idea; set up a cron job to mail
yourself the diff of "todays" .bash_history and "yesterdays
command line history", and, make an habit of reading and
commenting on it while you still remember why and how etc
you did whatever you did "today."

..kept in its own mail archive, database etc, your command
line history will eventually do for you what you used to
come pleading to d-u for, and I guess this new habit can
lift d-u to a nice new level. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: