Re: Slow system and switching tabs on google chome

2012/5/16 Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>:
> On 2012-05-16 14:14 +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 May 2012 18:09:57 -0500, Odair wrote in message
>> <[🔎] CADYDv-AVZ5mwrGigCchXeGSr7D+Zq6V=dyi_0xhTKcRZg3xx4A@mail.gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> After an update at 20-05-2012, my system is slow down specialy
>>> when I switch tabs
>>
>> ..how _many_ tabs? ;o)  What happens when you kill flash?
>> (Killing flash can be done both with chromium's own "task manager"
>> or with htop, hit "t" to get the threaded view, "F3" and "flash"
>> to find the cpu or ram hogs, paint them yellow thespace bar and
>> kill'em with "k", arrow up to "9" if you wanna "genocide" it.)
>>
>>> on Google Chrome, even Chromium, the graphics
>>> efects also get down speed specialy kde-window-back effect.
>>
>> ..debug ideas he should try, anyone?
>>
>>> I'm using Debian Wheezy i386, with Nvidia GeForce 6200
>>
>> ..this is old enough to have been endlifed by Nvidea.
>
> The hardware may be EOL'ed, but the current driver should still work.
>
>> ..try it with the nouveau driver, and with the nvidea-legacy
>> drivers.
>
> FWIW, nouveau only works correctly if you downgrade libcairo to 1.10.x
> (available from snapshot.debian.org or in squeeze-backports), see bug
> #666468¹.
>
>>> and the
>>> latest propietary driver, also I was updated the driver from version
>>> 290 to 295. (it's maybe a bug of new libcairo?)
>>
>> ..maybe.  Guys?
>
> The 295.40 driver suffers from performance regressions on GeForce
> 6xxx/7xxx, see #668854².  Upgrading to 295.49 in unstable should help.
>
> Cheers,
>       Sven
>

> ¹ http://bugs.debian.org/666468
> ² http://bugs.debian.org/668854

The slow problem occurs with more than one tab, but disabling
flashplayer-nonfree
everything is ok, chrome and graphics effects back to normal speed.
It seems like a libcairo issue, I will try downgrading libcairo and upgrading
nvidia driver to 295.49.
--

"LARGA VIDA Y PODEROSA."
              Blog de Haldrik