Re: Slow system and switching tabs on google chome

On Tue, 15 May 2012 18:09:57 -0500, Odair wrote in message
<[🔎] CADYDv-AVZ5mwrGigCchXeGSr7D+Zq6V=dyi_0xhTKcRZg3xx4A@mail.gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> After an update at 20-05-2012, my system is slow down specialy
> when I switch tabs

..how _many_ tabs? ;o)  What happens when you kill flash?
(Killing flash can be done both with chromium's own "task manager"
or with htop, hit "t" to get the threaded view, "F3" and "flash"
to find the cpu or ram hogs, paint them yellow thespace bar and
kill'em with "k", arrow up to "9" if you wanna "genocide" it.)

> on Google Chrome, even Chromium, the graphics
> efects also get down speed specialy kde-window-back effect.

..debug ideas he should try, anyone?

> I'm using Debian Wheezy i386, with Nvidia GeForce 6200

..this is old enough to have been endlifed by Nvidea.

..try it with the nouveau driver, and with the nvidea-legacy
drivers.

> and the
> latest propietary driver, also I was updated the driver from version
> 290 to 295. (it's maybe a bug of new libcairo?)

..maybe.  Guys?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: