Re: How to install drivers for this nVidia graphics card?

On Wed, 16 May 2012 15:42:35 +0530, aditya wrote in message
<[🔎] CAJeCY3xZ5JbNZKqvFs5BBZnXmnfoWWfaw-=NLZeqkPgfhESCxw@mail.gmail.com>:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Can you give me an easy way to install drivers for this card *Nvidia
> GeForce GT520M*?

..is this the card that was considered mid-level in 2006, or the
48 core card that was released as entry level in 2010?  I googled.

..in the latter case, the nouveau driver might work.

> I'm on a laptop. I've tried many things, including this command:
> aptitude install linux-headers-`uname -r` nvidia-kernel-dkms
> nvidia-glx from an answer I got on StackOverflow. Everything I do
> results in X failing to start. In fact I just re-installed X and now
> it refuses to start at all.
>
> So are there a set of commands I can use to simply install the
> driver? My primary need is to raise the resolution of the monitor...

..links to your dmesg and to your /var/log/Xorg.0.log, pls.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: