ddclient question

I want to use ddclient to do updates to www.afraid.org to manage
webserver forwarding that I have set up there. I currently bounce a
request from afraid.org to dyndns.com and use them as the actual dynamic
reset system. I want to skip dyndns.com alltogether. afraid.org supports
this but ddclient was written for dyndns.com. ddclient is however the
better of the 2 apps currently on Debian stable that I have used
successfully. The other  inadyn is less easy to manage. It has not been
a good match for my needs. I did try setting ddclient up with debconfig
to run on afraid.org and was not successful, works fine with dyndns.com.
Any tips for doing so?
frosty